Aware of the strategic importance of Intellectual Property for SMEs, the Walloon Region has launched a financing support dedicated to strategic services related to Intellectual Property.
These subsidies, resulting from a co-financing of the Walloon Region and the European Regional Development Fund, provides an intervention of 75% in the expenses incurred by SMEs in relation with 6 different types of IP strategic services :
- Patentability analysis (searches realized before a patent priority filing)
- Freedom-to-operate analyses (check whether a products or a process is free to be exploited on the market)
- Searches for opposition (specific searches aiming at enforcing the prior art against third party granted patents)
- Prior art analysis (searches within patent and IP literature documents)
- Patent landscaping (in-depth analysis of patent and non-patent references in order to support strategic decisions)
- Technological surveillance implementation (patent watches in line with the company activities)
Each SME may be granted up to 40 IP cheques (facial value of 500€) per period of 12 months, providing a potential max financing of 15.000€ per year.
These subsidies must be requested by an accredited service provides (Gevers), on behalf of the SME, through a dedicated web platform. The grant decision related to any subsidy request is communicated within max 3 days to the SME.
For more information about this financing: click here.
|GEVERS contact person:
Frédéric De Coninck
Head of IP valorization and Valuation team
T. +32 (0)2 715 37 05
|Walloon Region contact person:
Agence pour l'Entreprise & l'Innovation
T. +32 (0)4 220 607